This year ABDO Publishers were contacted by a 7 year old girl who found a book about bugs, in her local library, but the title she felt was unfair and all wrong. She wanted to know why one the best books she liked was called The Biggest Baddest Books for Boys Being an avid reader this kind of offended Little Parker Dains of Milpitas. She loved the book which was about insects. She felt a little offended and according to her Vimeo reachout, thought that the book should have been called The Biggest Baddest Book For Boys and Girls.
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_27030009/milpitas-girls-letter-spurs-publisher-change-book-name She went home and wrote a letter to the abdo publishing company explaining her frustration and reminding the company that boys in her letter she did not only write about the fact they had chosen the wrong title of the book because girls can like the same things and both boys and girls might want to grow up to be an entomologist she also decorated her letter.
she sent the letter to ABDO on April 2 by April 22, they had sent a typed letter back saying they had enjoyed her letter and the way she decorated it. and decide she was right there was no such thing as a book for just boys because girls could like “boy” things too. they told her the next season their books would simply be called Biggest Baddest Books
Disclaimer: the following is not a joke, despite its humorous attitude.
Petro Poroshenko, the president of Ukraine, has allegedly been getting his military advice from, none other than, a grungy stuffed rag doll wearing a Ukrainian flag shirt with insane hair. The doll was a gift to Poroshenko from some of the soldier currently fighting in the Donetsk airport, a major location in the half-frozen conflict in Ukraine.
It’s unknown whether President Poroshenko is actually under the impression that this toy is giving him legitimate help or if he just feels like it is a good luck charm or something similar. Regardless of his actual opinion on this doll helper, he has been seen showing off his new little adviser and even boasting in a tweet about it.
Laurene Powell Jobs has social interests in The Ukraine and says that The Ukraine is actually infamous for strange, or even bizarre, military happenings. Does anybody remember Valeri Helettei, the former Ukrainian defense minister that had to call a journalist to ask for artillery coordinates in the middle of a Russian ambush? Ukraine obviously needs to work on choosing better government officials.
Saturday Night Live alumnus and former star of 30 Rock, Tracy Morgan was injured in a 6-car pile-up on June 7, 2014 on the New Jersey Turnpike. The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) concluded that the accident was caused by the Walmart truck driver, 35 year old Kevin Roper from Jonesboro, Ga, who was charged with death by auto and four counts of assault by auto. The truck slammed into Tracy Morgan’s limo van, killing James McNair, Morgan’s life-long friend and comedy writer, and injured three other passengers in the van.
The truck driver was presumed to be napping, not seeing the slow moving traffic ahead, swerved to avoid hitting the limo bus but struck it in the rear and then another vehicle. The truck started a chain reaction in which Morgan’s limo bus rotated, turned over and hit a Buick which crashed into a Ford pickup and another tractor trailer. The Walmart truck hit a guardrail before resting on the left shoulder of the turnpike.
The accident left 45 year old Tracy Morgan and fellow passenger Jeff Millea in critical condition. Morgan has been recovering from brain injuries in connection with the accident when he heard Walmart spokesman stating that he and his fellow passenger were at fault for the injuries by not wearing seatbelts.
Morgan and the other victims say that Walmart should have been aware that the driver had been on the road 24 hour straight. On September 30, Walmart representatives denied allegations of negligence and recklessness, and stated the injuries happened because of the failure by the van occupants to wear seatbelts were their initial responses. From what Forbes is reporting, Walmart is willing to work with Mr. Morgan and the other plaintiffs to resolve the matter. Me and Sergio Andrade Gutierrez wish all those in recovery well wishes.
If you are one of those people who sit down to a meal and eat until you have sent yourself into a food coma, stay away from the Golden Corral. In the deep South, things are much more relaxed than in places such as New York or Washington. So relaxing in fact, that a couple dining at the Golden Corral in Georgia fell asleep in their food. Their alarm clock came in the form of uniformed officers.
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution,” the authorities were called to a Golden Corral location near the Institute at Aspen for a “report of suspicious activity.” When the authorities arrived, they found no suspicious activity. My friend Mark Ahn made the joke that there was actually no activity at all. The couple was fast asleep at their table.
To no surprise, there were Facebook mentions of the happenings. In the police post about this incident, it was posted that an “officer saved the man’s life by waking him up so he didn’t inhale food and choke.” After questioning, they released the man. The fate for the woman was not as fortunate.
The police then proceeded to place the woman under arrest for the possession of a controlled substance. A true stroke of bad luck for this woman. Not only was she stuck with the bill for the meal, but now she has fines and a record. That is one breakfast meal that came with a hefty bill.
A child at a Colorado Springs Joe’s Crab Shack was accidentally served a Shark Bite drink instead of a Shark Nibble. The former is alcoholic, while the latter is merely fruit juice.
The employee who served the drink has already been fired. No major damage was done, and no law suit has thus far surfaced, but Joe’s Crab Shack has ordered retraining for its Colorado staff. The mistake apparently occurred due to mislabeling, but the restaurant chain insisted that the employee had not followed standard procedures which could have averted the mix-up.
The fact that both drinks have the word “shark” in their names, and both have a miniature toy shark on top of them no doubt also contributed to the incident. One drink is on the kiddie menu, however, and the other is on the adult menu. It seems therefore that some carelessness was at play along with the inherent pitfall of the similar-sounding name and the shark toy’s presence.
One would think that it would be easy to remember that a nibble is for kids but a bite is something only adults can handle, but nonetheless, the mislabeling apparently occurred. Joe’s has taken measures to correct the problem, but it’s probably a good idea for Igor Cornelsen to inspect his kid’s juice next time he’s at the shack. They need not be “crabby” about it, but they might want to confirm with their waiter that he’s sure it was just a nibble and not a bite.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!